Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Enhancements for HCB

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
atila Posted - Nov 22 2010 : 04:42:40 AM
I don't like switching between mouse and keyboard while coding. And, the only way that I know to update the HCB is by using a mouse. So, would it be possible to update the HCB when a class/method/variable name is highlighted/selected from a keyboard.

Also, instead of popping-up new dialogs and closing some parts of the code, would be possible to use the existing drop-down menus in VA View for "Find files in Solution"(Alt+Shift+O) and Find Symbols in Solution(Alt+Shift+S).

Regards,
Atila
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 25 2010 : 2:39:36 PM
Unfortunately no estimate yet.

For a purely keyboard focussed answer you could use Alt-G to jump to the item of interest, and then Alt-Left Arrow to return to the start point, letting you read the details in the code its self. I know it is not the same, but perhaps this will help a bit.
atila Posted - Nov 24 2010 : 5:46:49 PM
That would be great then. I'm looking forward to see that feature. So, when do you think that command / feature would be included in VA?
feline Posted - Nov 24 2010 : 12:09:35 PM
Unfortunately there is no current method for doing this with the keyboard, but we are considering adding a command / feature to do this:

case=10133
atila Posted - Nov 22 2010 : 1:51:06 PM
Thanks for your answers. Yeah, in HCB that option is ON already. Let me clarify abit. When i hover over a variable with my mouse, i can get abit more information about it(e.g. see its' internal structure in VA View) However, when i just move the caret on a variable i cannot see anything about it. Please let me know if theres any other solution.
feline Posted - Nov 22 2010 : 1:05:00 PM
If you right click in the HCB, the bottom half of VA View, and turn on "Update with current scope" in the context menu, then the HCB will update as you move the caret through the code.

For keyboard access to the Files and Symbols lists in VA View, you can use the IDE options -> keyboard settings to bind keyboard shortcuts to the two commands:

VAssistX.VAViewFIS
VAssistX.VAViewSIS

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000