Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Autocomplete weirded out

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 02 2006 : 11:17:07 PM
The Symbol is m_oSomeObject

I type m_o, the popup as a single entry in it:

m_2BytesPerChar

Not sure, but it looks like the parser is slightly behind... If I type slower, the autocomplete appears to work more reliably.

Might I suggest a setting that allows you to tweak the priority of the parsing thread for those of us who type fast?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 06 2006 : 1:51:17 PM
there are some fixes to completion listboxes in the next build which might help.

is this with a suggestion listbox (question mark icons) or completion listboxes? the fix i am thinking of only effects completion listboxes.

you could try turning on:

VA Options -> Text Editor -> suggestions -> Include bits of code from surrounding lines

which might help.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 04 2006 : 12:14:14 AM
Just defined. its like the parser has not parsed the line with the declaration... and so it is confused
feline Posted - Aug 03 2006 : 7:03:00 PM
is this a newly defined symbol? or one that has been around for a while?

the suggestion does not make any sense, there is no 'o' in the suggested name, so that should never have popped up. was this a one off blip, or are you running into this effect fairly regularly?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000