Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Underlining of syntax errors doesn't work well

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ian horowitz Posted - Feb 17 2005 : 3:49:58 PM
I've downloaded trial version of Visual Assist X 10.1.1293.0. But I have some problems with underlining. When I wrote some lines with nonexisting variables they was underlined after a while. I changed file in the editor (from the explorer on the right). And when I came back the wrong code was not underlined any more.

I have checking of spelling errors switched on too. Underlining of spelling errors is not affected.

So, when I switch the file into source code editor back I can see underlined spelling errors, but no underlined syntax error. Underlining of code erros is just not working well.

I'm running on Windows XP, MS .net Studio 7.1.3088, .net Framework 1.1.4322.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 02:48:24 AM
case=509 is fixed in Build 1614
feline Posted - Jan 19 2006 : 4:23:19 PM
i have just checked the case, and this problem has been fixed in VA 1428, so all versions newer than this should correctly underline unknown symbols in C#

this screen shot is from a C# project in VS2005 with VA 1440. i have set VA to use the pink / purple colour for its own underlining, for clarity

ian horowitz Posted - Jan 19 2006 : 09:40:47 AM
Lately I tried to install another version of Visual Assist X (1418) but It seems that the underlining of errors (undefined variables and methods/functions) doesn't work still. And now it didn't underline the mistakes at all.

I didn't mentioned it early that I have english version of VS .NET and czech MS Widnows XP Pro. I don't know if maybe this (czech version of XP) couldn't lead to that problems.

Do you have any advice for me ?

feline Posted - Feb 21 2005 : 5:48:00 PM
the optimisation was turned off for spelling errors, since it kept on confusing people.

as for C# and underlining symbols, i suspect we just have to wait for WT to fix this bug. not ideal, but at least it is now in the queue of things to be done.
ian horowitz Posted - Feb 21 2005 : 04:24:04 AM
It would be probably better if users can switch this "optimisation" on/off, wouldn't it ?

Am I suppose to try another version of VS .net to get underlining of mistyped symbols in C# working ?
feline Posted - Feb 19 2005 : 6:38:16 PM
not underlining in files that have not been modified is an optimisation to speed things up.

like you i cannot get mistyped symbols to underline in C#. if i compile some code with a mistyped symbol i end up with a blue underline, but this is not the colour i have VAX set to use for mistyped symbols. i am guessing the IDE added this underline.

case=509
ian horowitz Posted - Feb 18 2005 : 1:33:07 PM
I've installed VS .net 2003 + VAX 1293 on another computer. Same problem.
Is there a problem if there is Visual Studio 6.0 and older Visual Assist (6.?) as well ?

I got it. When I change something, the underlining will be there.
If I switch between the files after I save the file, the underlining will be gone.
Interesting.

But I can get no underlining with C# yet. Is it on purpose ?
ian horowitz Posted - Feb 18 2005 : 02:42:43 AM
I tried it in C# and C++.
support Posted - Feb 17 2005 : 5:27:54 PM
In what language are you programming?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000