Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Snippets in Listboxes Issue in VS2012 C#

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeGameDev Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 2:44:40 PM
Hello,

I have checked off "Include VA snippets in listboxes" from the VA options menu, but I am still unable to get snippet suggestions to show up.

In C++ projects this works flawlessly. Also my snippet shortcuts do not seem to work either. Namely there is a default snippet in VisualAssist fills a line with forward slashes when the shortcut "///" is typed. I cannot get this snippet to work at all, again in C++ it works perfectly.

Am I forgetting to do something?

To replicate, create a C# Project in VS2012:

Open VS2012 > File > New > New Project > Templates > Other Languages > Visual C# > Console Application > OK

Then if I try to use the "///" snippet, doesn't work.

Here is my VA info:

VA_X.dll file version 10.8.2043.0 built 2014.07.10
DevEnv.exe version 11.0.61030.0 Professional
msenv.dll version 11.0.61030.0
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7601.17514
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
4 processors (x86-64, WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x1009

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 07 2015 : 03:49:34 AM
jrdmellow, our latest build does not support listboxes in VS2015, sorry about that. The way Visual Studio handles listboxes in C# has changed and since we've experienced problems with listboxes in C#, we've decided to disable them for now.

We're working on this and we will enable the support in our next build.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
jrdmellow Posted - Oct 06 2015 : 7:43:02 PM
Sorry to necro this old post but I'm having this exact same problem with snippets, except that "Enable Visual Assist completion, suggestion and member listboxes in C#" is disabled and greyed out (I cannot change the option).

I've never used it with C# before, so I honestly couldn't tell you if it was working at some point or not, but it works fine in C++.

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2076.0 built 2015.09.15
feline Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 11:11:53 PM
Thank you for the update, I am glad it was that simple. Obviously please let me know if you encounter any other problems or have any questions.
MikeGameDev Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 3:31:14 PM
D'oh! I did not have that turned on, turning it on fixed the problem instantly.

Thank you very much for your help!
feline Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 3:28:53 PM
This is what I am seeing, using the same IDE and version of VA, working in a .cs file:

the listbox appears virtually instantly, and the tooltip 3 or 4 seconds later, telling me that this is VA Snippet.

Do you have:

VA Options -> Listboxes -> Enable Visual Assist completion, suggestion and member listboxes in C#

turned On or Off? If this is turned Off can you please turn this on. This might be why this is not working for you.
MikeGameDev Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 3:04:14 PM
My settings under VA Options -> Suggestions match yours.
I am using VA 2043, Visual Studio 2012 Professional Update 4.

After "///" is typed, the three slashes turn grey, a fourth slash will turn them green again. This doesn't happen in C++ projects, not sure if that is any indication of the problem.
feline Posted - Jul 16 2014 : 2:57:04 PM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

In VA Options -> Suggestions, which options are turned On and which are turned Off? VA Snippets are working as expected for me in VS2012, C# with VA 2043, and I have:

VA Options -> Suggestions -> Include suggestions in listboxes = On
VA Options -> Suggestions -> Include bits of code from surrounding lines = Off
VA Options -> Suggestions -> Filter C# completion lists to show only VA suggestions = On
VA Options -> Suggestions -> Include VA Snippets in listboxes = On

One thing to watch for with /// is that if you type this on the line before a comment, the IDE will insert an XML comment block for the function, but if you type this somewhere else then the VA Snippet should be suggested, and work, correctly.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000